Thursday, February 03, 2005

Alberto Gonzales confirmed (60-36)

The day I dreaded almost as much as the day Condi Rice was confirmed, has finally arrived. Alberto Gonzales was confirmed by a vote of (60-36) by the Senate. I was hoping for a last minute fillibuster, but wasn't too optimistic that would occur.

Here are a few more commendable Web Sites: http://Nowarforiran.blogspot.com , and http://Rebeccablood.net . Rebecca Blood's site is especially helpful because not only does it have alot of useful links, but she has written and edited books about blogging.


3 comments:

Kris said...

Now we have a Torturer General. I wonder if he has a singing career like John Ashcroft?

milad said...

My old bishop works at his office! I saw him clapping on CNN today at Gonzales's speech.

The man seems nice enough. I am skeptical of him still though. Anybody who thinks that torture is not a violation of the Geneva conventions has no business heading the JUSTICE dept.

Kris said...

I'm not optimistic on this person. I hope that I am proven wrong, and he is wonderful. If he does a good job, he will be fired by Mr. Cheney. This is another reason that I'm not optimistic.