Saturday, September 02, 2006

Tammy Duckworth

I am very impressed with the strength of Democratic Candidates this Year! A good example is Tammy Duckworth who is running for Congress. Tammy was serving in the Military, when her Helicopter was shot down. She lost both of her legs, and one of her arms was damaged. Yet instead of thinking about her own challenges, she is running for Congress as a Democrat! Who better to have in Congress, to resolve the War in Iraq, than Tammy Duckworth: http://duckworthforcongress.com!

This morning I marched in the Peach Days Festival Parade, in support of Congressman Jim Matheson! I am now getting ready to hand out some of my own flyers, at the Festival, since I'm running for County Commissioner!

2 comments:

Kris said...

I was supposed to have 100 Political Buttons, with my picture on them, by yesterday. However, they still haven't made it through the Mail yet! I will also be marching in a Parade, where I advertise my own Campaign, on September 16th!

Larry Bodine said...

Focusing on the 6th Congressional District race in Illinois, see http://republicansforduckworth.typepad.com/blog/ for a candidate's debate that made it clear why Duckworth will win:
1. She wants to get us out of Iraq.
2. She's a veteran and her bland opponent has no service record at all.
3. The District has changed. 60% of Americans, including us here in DuPage county, are opposed to the war in Iraq.
4. She has a natural appeal for women voters and people of color. Her opponent is just another balding white lawyer.
5. She wants to get us off foreign oil and into bio-fuels and flex cars that can run on any fuel.
6. Her opponent has been lying his ass off in direct-mail flyers and getting nailed for his falsehoods in the Illinois newspapers.